You are here:
St Vincent’s Hospital supports the SIDS and Kids program, which recommends baby sleeps:
• in a cot in your room – not in your bed until at least 6 months of age
• on their back with their feet at the bottom of the cot
• dressed appropriately (not too hot or too cold)
• with head and face uncovered – bed linen should be tucked in
• in a smoke-free environment
• with no wedges, positioning devices or soft toys in the cot.
St Vincent’s does NOT recommend co-sleeping under any circumstances within the hospital. The hospital requires you to place your baby back into the cot when either you or your baby needs to sleep. Supervision may also be provided by your partner or support person, who could return your baby to the cot or alert staff if you fall asleep.
• Sids and kids website
• Maternity services
• Visiting hours